Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I downgrade to os x lion?

I upgraded my iMac to El Capitan with some patch tool and now it so slow and it cant even run safari without crash and web pages take minutes to load and every app takes minutes to load and the mouse is super sluggish and wont move and the computer cant sleep and brightness control dont work it a mess please help im stress out

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:54 PM

Instruction to do this are in https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

5 replies

May 17, 2020 8:16 PM in response to Sara_Leary

FYI: Time Machine backups are supposed to be on a different drive than the Macintosh HD being backed up.

Suggestion #1: Hold a brief memorial service for your 2006 iMac that has valiantly survived 13-14 years of service and then buy a newer model, new, refurb, or used. These days Lion doesn't have much uses beside retro computing.

Suggestion #2: Do you still have your Snow Leopard install disk? If yes just reinstall Snow Leopard and then upgrade through the App store back to Lion. Make sure you save any files worth saving to an external drive first.

Suggestion #3: If you can't use El Capitan, don't have a way back to Lion, and still want to use the iMac then install Linux.

How do I downgrade to os x lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.