Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi signal slows if bluetooth enabled on iPad Pro 11

Hello

I hava a Wi-Fi problem with my iPad Pro 11 2020 version.

While Bluetooth is turned on and Apple Pencil 2 connected, Wi-Fi signals slows down. I tested iPad Pro’s WiFi and an android device’s WiFi from same spot. iPad’ pro’s download speed is as half as the android device’s download speed

When I disconnect pencil and turned off Bluetooth. iPad’s download speed boosts and outperform android device.

How can I solve this WiFi issue? I am sure there are people who experience the problem.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 18, 2020 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 4:21 AM

I finally found the answer. What @lotusPilot said is definitely true. If the WiFi you connected is 2.4 GHz then it will interfere and cause this issue.

When you have the issue. You can solve it in this way:

If you are connected to apple pencil and Bluetooth and you are having WiFi download speed loss.

1) Open settings, turn off Bluetooth from settings.

2) Check if apple pencil is still connected. If it is working when you touch the screen with the pencil, It means you didn't turn off the Bluetooth. So turn it off from settings.

3) Once you did it, check your download speed again ( you can do it from speedtest.net). Ipad pro will gain its download speed power.

If you did it and it didn't work. Then first you should go to settings. Go to General . Go to "Reset Network Settings" tap it and reset your all network settings and do the steps above. Then the issue would be solved.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 4:21 AM in response to Cosmockayric

I finally found the answer. What @lotusPilot said is definitely true. If the WiFi you connected is 2.4 GHz then it will interfere and cause this issue.

When you have the issue. You can solve it in this way:

If you are connected to apple pencil and Bluetooth and you are having WiFi download speed loss.

1) Open settings, turn off Bluetooth from settings.

2) Check if apple pencil is still connected. If it is working when you touch the screen with the pencil, It means you didn't turn off the Bluetooth. So turn it off from settings.

3) Once you did it, check your download speed again ( you can do it from speedtest.net). Ipad pro will gain its download speed power.

If you did it and it didn't work. Then first you should go to settings. Go to General . Go to "Reset Network Settings" tap it and reset your all network settings and do the steps above. Then the issue would be solved.

May 18, 2020 1:46 AM in response to Cosmockayric

As WiFi and Bluetooth occupy the same 2.4GHz ISM (WiFi) radio spectrum, mutual interference can occur. That said, your iPad radio’s are designed to operate with minimal interference.

Have you tried using 5GHz for WiFi instead of 2.4GHz? If your WiFi Router is using the same SSID (Network Name) for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, you may need to split the bands on your WiFi Router so as to optimise performance. To do so, simply the configure two bands with different network names - after which you can force your iPad and other devices to use one or other band.

May 18, 2020 2:52 AM in response to LotusPilot

I don't have 5GHz option in my modem settings. It is using 2.4 GHz. But I can create a 2.4 GHz guest network. Do you think it works?

Edit: Also I want to state that, After I restart ipad pro and turned off the bluetooth. Ipad pro regains its wifi signal power fully. As I use ipad pro with pencil it goes down again. Perhaps android devices interfering too. I dont know what exactly happening

May 18, 2020 3:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

I tried this:

I used my adroid device as a hotspot while it is taking signal from a Base station.

I connected my Ipad to my android device with wifi .

The speedtest Ipad and the result was 30 mgbit. It was also 30 mgbit for my android phone.

Then I connected my apple pencil to Ipad by turning on bluetooth. I speedtest Ipad now the result is 15 mgbit. while it is still 30 mgbit for android device.

So what the problem is ? I think problem is either ipad or pencil. If it is ipad, should I return it ?

wifi signal slows if bluetooth enabled on iPad Pro 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.