Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods 2 firmware 2D3 cannot update

I have now received a right side replacement Airpod 2 twice with 2D3 firmware.

I believe that this 2D3 release is now available publicly; however, I cannot upgrade my left Airpod to this version of the firmware.

I have been unable to use my Airpords for over a month. I have tried and tried the suggested techniques to enable an upgrade to occur but to no avail.

Can anyone confirm that 2D3 has been actually released and if so, how can you upgrade without the' just plug the Airpod in and wait'?

Shame on you Apple, why are you doing this when you know there is a problem here??

Posted on May 18, 2020 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 8:39 AM

Hey Kieron211, I had the same problem when I got my left Airpod replacement but I think I figured out a trick to get them to update to the same firmware! According to the instructions you're supposed to put them in the case, shut it, plug it in, and put your phone next to it and they will update. Well I noticed that as soon as I shut my case my airpods lost the connection to my phone. I *think* this may be why they wouldn't update. So instead, I connected both airpods to my phone individually, put them both in the case (flashing amber light commences) but instead of shutting the case I left it open, keeping the connection going with my iphone. I let it sit there for awhile (20 mins or so) and then BAM they were both running 2D15 and I'm able to use them perfectly!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 8:39 AM in response to kieron211

Hey Kieron211, I had the same problem when I got my left Airpod replacement but I think I figured out a trick to get them to update to the same firmware! According to the instructions you're supposed to put them in the case, shut it, plug it in, and put your phone next to it and they will update. Well I noticed that as soon as I shut my case my airpods lost the connection to my phone. I *think* this may be why they wouldn't update. So instead, I connected both airpods to my phone individually, put them both in the case (flashing amber light commences) but instead of shutting the case I left it open, keeping the connection going with my iphone. I let it sit there for awhile (20 mins or so) and then BAM they were both running 2D15 and I'm able to use them perfectly!

Airpods 2 firmware 2D3 cannot update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.