Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro fell into water

my iPhone 11 Pro fell into water for literary 1 second do I need to worry?

everything seem fine (Touch speakers microphones and cameras) but i’m afraid that after a while things will start to go wrong.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 18, 2020 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 4:21 AM

If it was that brief, it may be OK, but water damage is not covered by warranty

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

8 replies

May 18, 2020 8:44 AM in response to jh.3

That's not entirely accurate.

While that is true under laboratory conditions when the phone leaves the factory, water protection can change for a variety of reasons over time, and that is why water damage is not covered at all under warranty.

From the iPhone 11 Pro page at Apple's web site:

iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

May 18, 2020 9:12 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Of course, they cannot guarantee it, because it would give someone the ability to destroy their iPhone with water and claim it under warranty. But if you’ve seen water tests, etc on YouTube it is obvious that (assuming nothing has been modified) it will survive just fine. I’m telling this person not to worry, because they shouldn’t. While it is against Apple’s advice, people record underwater with their iPhone and take it in the shower, wash it sometimes, etc and it is fine. The rating given by Apple has even been proven to be an underestimation of its capabilities. So, in conclusion: don’t worry, but don’t do anything extreme as Apple doesn’t cover any water damage.

iPhone 11 Pro fell into water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.