Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible Water Damage?

My phone fell into some water last night (about a half foot deep for no more than 5 seconds). I powered it off and followed instructions on apple support and it turned on fine and works as of right now. Is there any chance that there is still water damage and the later on my phone could malfunction and stop working? If so is there anything I can do to prevent it or get it fixed?

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 12:05 PM

Yes, there is a chance that the phone will stop functioning properly. The Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty does not cover liquid damage, so unless you have one of the AppleCare+ Plans for iPhone, you're likely looking at an out-of-warranty replacement. You don't mention the model, so you can look up the cost here: Other iPhone repair costs - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2019 12:05 PM in response to b3tsy

Yes, there is a chance that the phone will stop functioning properly. The Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty does not cover liquid damage, so unless you have one of the AppleCare+ Plans for iPhone, you're likely looking at an out-of-warranty replacement. You don't mention the model, so you can look up the cost here: Other iPhone repair costs - Apple Support

Possible Water Damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.