Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t bootcamp due to partitioned fusion drive, while it doesn´t seem to be partitioned.

I had bootcamp time ago, and I quit it cause I didn´t needed it. Now I´m trying to bootcamp again and I can´t because it says my fusion drive is partitioned, but, when I go to About this Mac-Storage it seems that there´s only on drive, and fusion drive isn´t partitioned. What can I do to bootcamp again?

*Bootcamp can´t be installed in partitioned fusion drive. For installing Bootcamp, restaure the units to fusion dirve*

Sorry for Spanish

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 18, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 11:13 AM

You have a SSD (Apple SSD SM0032) and a HDD (Apple HDD HTS...). If you notice, your APFS container disk is only on the HDD, which is incorrect.

• Do you have Time Machine backup of macOS and all your files?
  • Can you post the output of
    • diskutil list
    • diskutil apfs list

and we can try to correct the issue. Also, see How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support for reference.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 11:13 AM in response to Gordosuper

You have a SSD (Apple SSD SM0032) and a HDD (Apple HDD HTS...). If you notice, your APFS container disk is only on the HDD, which is incorrect.

• Do you have Time Machine backup of macOS and all your files?
  • Can you post the output of
    • diskutil list
    • diskutil apfs list

and we can try to correct the issue. Also, see How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support for reference.

May 18, 2020 4:35 PM in response to maksym70

maksym70 wrote:

i have the same problem but i don't want to unite drives in fusiondrive
How do I run bootcamp without fusiondrive?
  • BC Assistant does not support a split Fusion drive.
  • The 120GB SSD part is too small for W10. BCA does not use the SSD part for Windows.
  • You have two options
    • Disconnect the SSD, and install Windows on the HDD, and then reconnect the SSD
    • Use a Virtualization engine to install a VM running Windows

Can´t bootcamp due to partitioned fusion drive, while it doesn´t seem to be partitioned.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.