Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 1 will not update to watch os6.2.1

My husband has an Apple Watch series 1. It will not update past watch os 6.1 even though update notifications are showing. We have tried to unpair and reset watch to factory settings and starting over as a new watch. It still won't update past 6.1. Any ideas for resolution?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:13 AM

4 replies

May 27, 2020 4:30 PM in response to Eyeudr

I had same issue with my series 1 watch struck on 5.3.7 and wont go further. It says software up to date and freeze.

I tried pairing my watch again but turning off iCloud from iphone. After my watch is paired, it went into checking software and continued install and download for 6.2.5.

Steps:

Go to Settings>Tap on the name of signed account>tap sign out in the bottom>Put in your password and apple ID>Hit turn off. Try repair apple watch, this time it should find the update.

I did not get whats the weird connection here between my icloud account on my phone and my apple watch.

Hope this helps.

Apple Watch series 1 will not update to watch os6.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.