Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6s wont power up but the flashlight remains on continuosly

A few days ago I went to get my phone out of my raincoat pocket (it was raining a bit that night but my raincoat has a flap over the pocket) anyway I could not power it up, I went online put it a inbowl of rice for over 24 hours in case it was damp and tried powering it up to no avail. the flashlight is on and wont go off?

Any suggestions? I have charged it up for over 24 hours

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 18, 2020 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:09 AM

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Try Recovery Mode... the full info is in the above link...⬆︎ the short info is below...⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but once you do then your phone will be recognized.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 10:09 AM in response to TerryDee278

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Try Recovery Mode... the full info is in the above link...⬆︎ the short info is below...⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but once you do then your phone will be recognized.

May 18, 2020 7:24 PM in response to TerryDee278

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support...⬅︎ did you try this...

⬇︎

1. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button.
  2. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

My Iphone 6s wont power up but the flashlight remains on continuosly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.