Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Spotify and Bluetooth devices

my Watch tells me that I am connected to Bluetooth devices, however when I try to play Spotify to my Bluetooth speaker/headphones, the sound comes out of my phone and not my devices? So frustrating as I want to exercise and listen to Spotify through my Bluetooth headphones, WITHOUT my phone. My watch IS cellular.

thanks!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 18, 2020 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Spotify does not support the Apple Watch beyond providing a remote control for the iPhone Spotify app.

If you want to play music through your Apple Watch you should look at services that support the Apple Watch, such as Pandora or Apple Music.

You can also talk to Spotify and ask when they intend to support the Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 3:59 PM in response to PeterShacks

Spotify does not support the Apple Watch beyond providing a remote control for the iPhone Spotify app.

If you want to play music through your Apple Watch you should look at services that support the Apple Watch, such as Pandora or Apple Music.

You can also talk to Spotify and ask when they intend to support the Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Spotify and Bluetooth devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.