Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Worried about deleting downloaded music.

I received an Apple iMac from my dad and it still had all of his music and such downloaded onto it. I have an Apple Music subscription under my own Apple id and would like to sign into my account to access my music on my dads old/ my new computer. I am worried that if I do sign into my account, that all of his music that is downloaded will be deleted and he will not have access to his favorite tunes. I was wondering if I did sign in with my account, would his music be deleted, and/or is there a way to both have my iTunes account logged in while still having access to his music?

Thank you, DiamondFinder

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:47 AM

Purchases made with one Apple ID are permanently tied to that Apple ID and cannot be transferred or merged with another Apple ID. If you sign into your account with your Apple ID, I would expect all his songs to disappear. I strongly suggest you make a backup of his library before you try anything. See the "If you have a Mac" section in:

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Also, see the reply to;

Accessing multiple iTunes accounts on 1 d… - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 11:47 AM in response to DiamondFinder

Purchases made with one Apple ID are permanently tied to that Apple ID and cannot be transferred or merged with another Apple ID. If you sign into your account with your Apple ID, I would expect all his songs to disappear. I strongly suggest you make a backup of his library before you try anything. See the "If you have a Mac" section in:

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Also, see the reply to;

Accessing multiple iTunes accounts on 1 d… - Apple Community

Worried about deleting downloaded music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.