You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Certificate Warning

Hello.

I am have two MAC OS X devices. One is on the latest edition of macOS Catalina and the other is on the most to update version of High Hierra. Both Macs are using the latest edition of Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 from the App Store. I am being prompted ever time I begin a remote session regarding a certicate error. I have followed the instructions are outlined here: https://www.techjunkie.com/microsoft-remote-desktop-mac-always-trust-certificate/ and this issue is still present.

In short, I have configured Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 to always trust the computing I am remotely connecting. I have restarted my computer after trusting and I am still prompted. Please see the two attached screenshots.

In addition, I have manually executed the following command to trust the certicate:

$ sudo security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k "/Library/Keychains/System.keychain" "/private/tmp/certs/remote-computer.cer"

The following .cer file was present in my Apple Keychains "certificate" section. I deleted the certicate and then re-added it through terminal.

How may I disable this warning prompt?

Thank you in advance,

David

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 19, 2020 1:11 PM

1 reply

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Certificate Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.