Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide my image in Facetime

In OS 10.14.6, is there any way to hide my image when using Facetime? I don't want to see my own **** face when I'm on a call.

I've searched all over and can't find a solution better than my post-it-over-my-mug solution.

Thank you,

William

Posted on May 19, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Hey William,

Thanks for clarifying that you're referring to the Picture-in-picture window. This currently cannot be removed. You can provide feedback about this here: Product Feedback - Apple.

Cheers.

4 replies

May 20, 2020 11:29 AM in response to MichelleT18

Thank you, Michelle. But I think I wasn't clear in my original post.

I want to keep the camera on, so the person I'm speaking with can see me. My FT window shows the other person, but it also shows me, in a smaller and movable frame. [Maybe that's called Picture in a Picture?].

How do I close/hide that frame, so I don't see myself, only the other person?

In iOS's FT, seeing oneself is more important, b/c the device is more likely to be move. But I use the OS on my iMac, which of course stays in place.

Does this help?

Thank you,

William

Hide my image in Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.