Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have i not received my refund even though it says my purchase has been refunded

Why have i not received my refund even though it says my purchase has been refunded

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:34 PM

August 9th I was told I would get a refund in 48 hours. Never received it although it was indicated REFUNDED.

43 replies

Feb 3, 2021 3:25 PM in response to shona33

I ordered 2 homepod mini-pods and returned them a week later. I received the refund for one of those mini-pods within 7 days that they received it. BUT not the refund for the the other one. I have chatted with them, called them twice and get the same response "your refund will be there in a few days". It has been a month and I'm starting to have to pay interest on my Apple Card. I can't understand why I have not received the other refund. I've spent thousands of dollars with Apple and about ready to get rid of everything Apple.

Aug 25, 2020 11:07 AM in response to shona33

Hi, I have the same problem. I phoned Apple today to ask why I had not received my funds back after returning a lightening cable to Apple, which was the wrong type sent to me, I returned it on 29th May and received an email from Apple confirming they had received it back and that they would put in place a refund. Since then I have been trying to contact Apple about this.

They have today said they definitely paid it and I should speak to Paypal, as apparently they are terrible for these types of problems. Guess what, Paypal say they never received it from Apple!!! I am not sure where to go from here. I am furious!!

Jun 29, 2021 6:06 PM in response to Andyj4321

Andyj4321 wrote:
Hi I would like to know why my refund has not gone in my bank please

shona33 will not be able to answer your question. Limnos, in Is refund approved and how long it gonna … - Apple Community states:

"If you need to contact Apple about this, click on this link --> https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/ and choose a path that gets assistance from Apple staff."

Nov 27, 2020 10:48 AM in response to cr8r

How long refunds from the App Store or other Apple services take - Apple Support states:

When will I get the money back?

If your refund is approved, the funds are applied to the same payment method that you used to buy the item. Here's how long it takes for a refund to appear on your account or statement:

Store credit—It might take up to 48 hours to see the refund in your Apple ID balance.  

Mobile phone billing—It might take up to 60 days for the statement to show the refund. Processing time might be affected by your carrier. You can contact your carrier for an update.

All other payment methods—It might take up to 30 days for the statement to show the refund. If you don't see the refund after 30 days, contact your financial institution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.