Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and Text Notifications Ding Inconsistently

I have an apple watch series 3 paired with an iPhone X. When both phone and watch are NOT set to silent, about half the time I get texts, my watch will ding and half the time it won't. This makes me go long periods and not notice I've missed a text until I look at my phone. Watch is set to mirror phone. Do Not Disturb is not turned on. Anyone else have this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 19, 2020 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 8:40 AM

Text message notifications appear on the Apple Watch depending on the status of the iPhone. If the iPhone is locked, then notifications will appear on the Watch. If the iPhone is unlocked, then notifications would appear on the iPhone. See this support document, Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 24, 2020 6:57 AM in response to rjkendrick7

I have the same issue on my 7+, and it was an issue before I bought my series 3 watch. In fact, I bought the watch hoping to fix the issue, thinking I just wasn’t hearing the text alerts! Still have the issue, and it does it sporadically and no matter whether a text is coming from an android or iOS device...So frustrating!

Apple Watch and Text Notifications Ding Inconsistently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.