Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 2 Sporadic Text Notifications

I am having an issue getting text notifications on my Apple Watch 2. I have the most current update (6.2.8) and 13.6 on my Iphone X. Text messages will not vibrate or ding when a message comes in. This happens sporadically. I have never had this problem before. -- The texts will be sitting there on the phone and on the watch ready to view. So I'm not missing any incoming texts in that sense. I'm just not being notified on all of them. I have tried everything you can find online for a fix. It will do it when connected to wifi or out and about on the network. It started doing this with the two previous IOS that were on the watch and phone. I updated both and still the same issue. Could it be that the bluetooth feature on the watch is bad? Everything else works on it just fine. The only thing I have not tried yet is to unpair and set up as new watch.

iPhone X, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 11:26 AM

So I thought I had done a force restart but I had not. I used the link that you provided me and the watch is working fine now for 2 days. I didn’t know you could force restart an Apple Watch.

Thank you very much.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Watch 2 Sporadic Text Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.