Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music streaming is intermittent on

In the last 2 months I've found that Apple Music streaming on ATV is intermittent with pauses of 2 sec up to 30sec. This can happen many times during a song, making the experience untenable. This does not happen on my iPhone nor is my internet connection an issue (~40Mbps). Video streaming on ATV is generally fine and Spotify on ATV is running smoothly as well (I recently opened an account because of this problem)

I've restarted the ATV with no joy. I've reset the ATV to factory settings with no joy. I have the latest firmware. Your help is appreciated

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 7:25 AM

This is likely a problem with your network. Even if other devices work just fine, please do the following in the order listed:

1. Reset Modem
  2. Reset Router
  3. Ensure Apple TV has up-to-date version of TV OS
  4. Restart Apple TV

Speed is not the only thing that counts on a network, coverage is critical. If you do not have great coverage where the Apple TV is located then you need to troubleshoot that issue.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 7:25 AM in response to TalBashan

This is likely a problem with your network. Even if other devices work just fine, please do the following in the order listed:

1. Reset Modem
  2. Reset Router
  3. Ensure Apple TV has up-to-date version of TV OS
  4. Restart Apple TV

Speed is not the only thing that counts on a network, coverage is critical. If you do not have great coverage where the Apple TV is located then you need to troubleshoot that issue.

Apple Music streaming is intermittent on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.