Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I purchase music in itunes when I've already downloaded it thru Apple Music Subscription?

I've downloaded a song through my apple music subscription while on my android phone. But I want to also purchase this song to own (via itune or whatever means) but when in itunes it doesn't provide me with the option to purchase but only to play. All the other songs arround it are available to purchase but it seem that since i've downloaded it through apple music subscription i can't now purchase. Am i wrong and if so can some please instruct me who purchase the song?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 20, 2020 5:52 AM

13 replies

May 20, 2020 6:31 AM in response to DatePalm

You need to make sure you are accessing the iTunes store. The iTunes or Music app will only let you stream and download but the iTunes Store will let you purchase the music. I'm not sure about the Windows setup of iTunes/Music but on Music for Mac, there is an option on the left side bar to access the iTunes store where the music can be purchased.

May 20, 2020 7:39 AM in response to DatePalm

This is strange. If I do the same thing on my Mac (right clicking on a song I downloaded from Apple music and click 'show in iTunes Store'), the song shows a price and not 'play' like it does for you. This may be a Windows related issue and I'm sorry to say that I have no experience with iTunes on Windows. But I'm sure somebody else in this forum will be able to shed some light on the issue. If everything fails you can always reach out to the official Apple support by phone or chat.

How do I purchase music in itunes when I've already downloaded it thru Apple Music Subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.