Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail

Hi,

Regret I cannot find a suitable topic that covers Apple Mail so have just selected Catalina.

I have just used import mailbox in Mail - excellent suggestion through Support Community - to pull in all my mbox folders containing emails created on a Windows PC. I am now showing around 2500 unread emails. There is a facility in Mail Mailbox which reads 'Mark all messages as Read'. Trouble is it is grayed out. It does not matter whether I start at the folder level or drill down to an individual email, it still remains grayed out. Is there a way I can mark all as read so that I can remove the 'new incoming emails' number from the Mail icon in the Dock ? Thanks

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2020 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Select the Mailbox, select a Message, then Cmd-A to Select All.

Ctrl-click on selection and "Mark as Read"

I don't know why you are seeing that grayed out as long as at least one message in the mailbox is unread. If they are all unread, it will be grayed out.

1 reply

Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.