Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make iTunes to play music in order I see in playlist

iTunes app on Windows

I would like my songs to play in order I see them in the playlist.

Playlist itself is synchronized from Shazaam (another problem is that if I remove song from my library, it gets added back by Shazaam... even if I did not listen it again. Support did not help any.)

At the top of playlist is "Shuffle All", which is blue (like enabled), but I haven't found the way to turn it off in to disabled (gray) version (if it affects the play order at all) - tried clicking, doubleclicking and so on.

Any ideas? It is annoying.

I am actually pretty disappointed in usability - have not found the way to copy/move songs among playlists easily, no multiselect, and so. Basically, add the song and hope it has ended where you want and it will play in order that you want :/

Posted on May 20, 2020 10:08 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 21, 2020 10:02 AM in response to i_rina

OK, first a reply regarding Shazam. I am using feature from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210331 : Change your settings

-> Auto-ad Shazams to Apple Music. They are added correctly, but if I delete one song from Apple Music Library, it does not tel Shazam not to send it to library again.

Regarding Shuffle: I already read these articles. I did not see an answer, as I do not see "Shuffle On" or "Shuffle Off". Please see image of what I see, and what is being played:

May 21, 2020 7:21 AM in response to notIuser

Hello notIuser,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you want to play songs in the order they are in from the playlist. I am happy to help!

Let's follow the steps provided the article below and ensure shuffle is turned off.

Play songs in iTunes on PC

I also want to provide you with the article for Shazaam.

Access your Shazams on all your devices or online

Let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

May 21, 2020 3:52 PM in response to notIuser

I'm glad that you've got the Shuffle issue sorted.

Meanwhile, to pick up on something else that you mentioned:

notIuser wrote:
have not found the way to copy/move songs among playlists easily, no multiselect, and so. Basically, add the song and hope it has ended where you want and it will play in order that you want :/

You can't move a song from one Playlist to another, but you can add it from one Playlist to another by right-clicking the song in the Playlist it's in and choosing Add to Playlist from the pop-up menu:

• Notice that while you can add a song that is already in a Smart Playlist, you cannot add it to a Smart Playlist or a Playlist Folder
    • Notice also, that because the source playlist is a Smart Playlist, you cannot remove it from this playlist. However, this song is also in a Regular Playlist, from which it can be removed by me:

So:

• you can add a song from anywhere in your Library to any Regular Playlist
  • as a separate function, you can remove a song from a Regular Playlist after adding it to another Playlist (so instead of "moving" a song from Playlist 1 to Playlist 2, you add it to Playlist 2 and then remove it from Playlist 1. You can blame computer logic for this, not Apple.)
  • songs are added to, or removed from, Smart Playlists according to whether the song matches the rule of that Smart Playlist. You cannot manually add a song to a Smart Playlist, nor can you manually remove it from one. Be aware though, that the option in a Smart Playlist's pop-up menu, to Delete from Library, means just that. It will be deleted completely from everywhere in your iTunes Library. If you want more explanation of Smart Playlists, please ask.)
  • You cannot add songs to Playlist Folders. But, you can add any Regular or Smart Playlist to a Playlist Folder. You can even add a Playlist Folder to a Playlist Folder, as shown below
    • Album Ratings checklist and Explicit are both in the Playlist Folder named test
    • the test folder is in the Technical Lists folder
    • volume increased, Forum Playlist and Saving space, so not on iPod, are all in the Technical Lists folder, but not in the test sub-folder

------------------------------------------

Playlist order:

You can move songs into the order you prefer in a Playlist. However, the sort arrow must be on the first column:

In the above list, I cannot move the song from this position, because the Playlist is being sorted by the Album column.

But, by clicking on the first column (above the numbers), I can then drag the song to any position I want (notice where this same song is now placed). *

Clicking on the same column again will reverse the order of the list and the arrow will point down.

* Edited by author, after posting, for clarity.

How to make iTunes to play music in order I see in playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.