Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

veticle lines on display Macbook air 1370

Hello sportfans

I installed a display unit on a MacBook air 2010 1370 and have 2"wide vertical flickering lines that change colors when swapping apps and disappearing briefly while surfing the fine internets. I installed re-installed that display latch on the logic board and reset pram, scram, spam and scham a lot all morning.

i did contact the person who sold me the display but have not received info yet.

I figured someone here might have remedied the same problem.

thanks you reading this

-Bill

i will/ have not contact apple support due to this problem being out of their league and interest.

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 20, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 6:25 PM

Without being able to see this issue first hand it is hard to say, but usually I find it is caused by a defective Display Assembly. The other possibilities are a GPU issue or a software issue.

Connect an external display. If the external display is fine, then you the replacement display is most likely defective (or the connector on the Logic Board is defective or damaged).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 6:25 PM in response to snowleapard2020

Without being able to see this issue first hand it is hard to say, but usually I find it is caused by a defective Display Assembly. The other possibilities are a GPU issue or a software issue.

Connect an external display. If the external display is fine, then you the replacement display is most likely defective (or the connector on the Logic Board is defective or damaged).

veticle lines on display Macbook air 1370

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.