Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier update settings but I do not have a carrier?

I do not have a carrier on my iPad. In settings the Carrier is iPad 41.0, and the number is unknown. Why would I be asked constantly to update carrier settings, and which carrier’s settings am I updating too?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:14 PM

You have a cellular model of iPad. From Apple, it is possible to activate a Cellular plan directly from selected carriers; the iPad 41.0 carrier settings file relates to this. Until activated, you’ll not have a number - and it will default to all-zeros.

4 replies

May 20, 2020 2:45 PM in response to DallasDadio

If you tap Settings > Mobile Data, you’ll either be presented with a list of partnered Cellular providers from to choose a plan to activate (i.e., no physical SIM is installed, or no AppleSIM/eSIM plan is currently enabled) - or you’ll see the full Mobile Data settings page (either a physical SIM is installed, or an AppleSIM/eSIM plan is active).

If a physical SIM is installed, the Carrier Settings field (Settings > General > About) will indicate the associated Cellular Carrier ID and version number - otherwise you’ll see iPad and version number.

Nothing can be enabled remotely.

Carrier update settings but I do not have a carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.