Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FACE TIME NOT WORKING.

I just bought an iphone X. I'm using it in Pakistan and my phone says it's of UAE region. I can't find facetime app any where in my phine except it's only available in the storage. Appstores says it's not available in my region as i have already selected Pakistan as my current region but still issue persists. Kindly advise.

iPhone X

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:48 AM

Hi SBilalZaidi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having difficulties using FaceTime in Pakistan and UAE. I'd be happy to provide some insight.

I'd recommend taking a look at this resource: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically, this section:

"You might have issues using FaceTime for one of these reasons:

FaceTime and FaceTime audio calling might not be available for all countries, regions, or carriers.

FaceTime isn't available or might not appear on devices purchased in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai. However, with iOS 11.3 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan. Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. "

I'd also recommend taking a look at this resource: Find or restore a missing FaceTime app

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 8:48 AM in response to SBilalZaidi

Hi SBilalZaidi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having difficulties using FaceTime in Pakistan and UAE. I'd be happy to provide some insight.

I'd recommend taking a look at this resource: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically, this section:

"You might have issues using FaceTime for one of these reasons:

FaceTime and FaceTime audio calling might not be available for all countries, regions, or carriers.

FaceTime isn't available or might not appear on devices purchased in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai. However, with iOS 11.3 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan. Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. "

I'd also recommend taking a look at this resource: Find or restore a missing FaceTime app

Thanks.

FACE TIME NOT WORKING.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.