Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We could not complete your purchase. in App Store

When I try to download in the appstore the notification "We could not complete your purchase appears. Cancel"

How do you overcome this?

thanks.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 20, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:05 PM

Exact same problem on my 2017 MacBook Pro macOS Mojave 10.14.6. All apps can't purchase and update. Has been gone through with Apple Support with all debugging steps, rebooting, safe mode, reset router, delete files etc. At the end, transfer the call to App Store supervisor and she would need few days to feedback to back-end team and get back to me... What?!!

Apple, if you listen here, please solve this problem ASAP!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 12:05 PM in response to bjmmend

Exact same problem on my 2017 MacBook Pro macOS Mojave 10.14.6. All apps can't purchase and update. Has been gone through with Apple Support with all debugging steps, rebooting, safe mode, reset router, delete files etc. At the end, transfer the call to App Store supervisor and she would need few days to feedback to back-end team and get back to me... What?!!

Apple, if you listen here, please solve this problem ASAP!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

May 21, 2020 3:24 AM in response to bjmmend

Sorry I cannot help as I have same issue too. MacPro 5,1 running 10.14.6 and previously installed apps wont update, clearing caches, signing out, reseting DNS etc all do not work. I cannot even get a new app that have never owned or downloaded.

Started happening couple days ago, but no updates were installed or applied, was eventually able to update some installed apps asking for updates by multiple tries then, today simply cannot update.

Tried deleting app and redownloading and now cannot even do that even though the download from cloud icon is showing indicating that the app has been purchased before.

I suspect its back end issue as there are many reports popping up today 20 May 2020

May 21, 2020 11:40 AM in response to bjmmend

Writing to Apple feedback to start

I get the same message too , sigh. And I have problems with Apple Configurator as well

Nothing can be dowloaded to my mac, with Mojave sic 😟

Reported feedbacks for MacOs, https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Apple configurator https://www.apple.com/feedback/configurator.html

iTunes https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

May 21, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Vadim_4e

Same as most others here: 2015 Macbook pro, Mojave 10.14.6, US store Apple ID.

"We could not complete your purchase.

Cancelled"

I don't know if it's related, but this is the first time I've participated in the discussions here and when I tried to sign in with my Apple ID it took many tries in various browsers before it allowed me to input the verification code I was sent-- I got "failed to identify you" after putting in my apple ID and password while receiving verification codes on this computer, my iPhone and Apple watch.

May 21, 2020 11:22 AM in response to bjmmend

Mojave App Store no downloads or updates, "We could not complete your purchase". Since yesterday, no downloads or updates.

This is happening on both my Mojave iMacs, but my old iMac with High Sierra and the old App Store and by the look of it iPhone and iPad are fine.

It seems to be just the Mojave App Store with me and as the other OS's are fine, my account can't be the problem.

Been driving me mad!

May 21, 2020 12:36 PM in response to bjmmend

It is working for me now.

I had this exact problem. Noticed it yesterday (May 20) and spent a few hours trying to fix it as well. I use Mojave, not Catalina. I re-installed Mojave today (in-place, not clean install). Still didn't work. Gave up and figured it must be an issue on Apple's side, so I signed out of Mac App Store and signed out of iTunes and started doing other stuff.

I tried to download again a few minutes ago and it worked. It correctly asked me to sign into my account and then downloaded the app. I know I had tried this yesterday, so not sure if it was related or Apple is fixing the issue on their side.

May 21, 2020 12:41 PM in response to RodHouTX

Working for me as well since 5 minutes ago. US store. MacPro 5,1 Mojave 10.14.6

Tested on 2 different machines, working on both.

Issue for me started yesterday 05/20 and lasted till the time of this email.

Must have been something on Apple's end given that the same issue started at the same time on 3 different computers with no change on my end on any of them.

We could not complete your purchase. in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.