Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifting to another country / region? (Vietnam)

I am trying to find a way to pay for an Apple iCloud upgrade for a loved one in Vietnam. This will not be for my iCloud or Apple account.

I am currently in the United States however and do not see a way to do so. It seems Apple has isolated and siloed each country’s app stores and services from each other. I can find no bridge between them.

I have discovered that Apple gift cards purchased in the United States can only be used in the United States. There also appears to be no Official Apple gift cards even offered in the country of Vietnam (please correct me if I’m wrong here).

I also cannot easily change my App Stores country or region from the United States to Vietnam without first spending all funds associated with my AppleID AND canceling ALL subscriptions (AppleTV, Music, etc.) associated with my AppleID. Even if I did all this, I still do not have a clear path as to how I can fund a loved ones iCloud upgrade?

Has anyone else tried to bridge between Apple’s stores in different countries? Any advice?

Thank you!

Xin Cảm Ơn!

Posted on May 20, 2020 9:12 PM

2 replies

Gifting to another country / region? (Vietnam)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.