Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My passwords are showing up on my child Ipad.

I set up family share on my old iPad for my child and my passwords are showing up on her account although she is signed into her our iCloud account and I am sign into my own iCloud account on my device. How can I fix this. She is 9 but has discovered the passwords

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:49 AM

Your description might suggest that you are sharing (or have previously shared) your AppleID between devices. Sharing an AppleID seriously risks information leakage between users and devices. Each user must have their own unique AppleID; remember the iOS/iPadOS system architecture assumes that an iPad or iPhone is a single-user device.

If you have previously shared an AppleID between devices - even if you don’t now do so - it is possible that your Keychain Data (i.e., your Passwords) have been merged with your child’s AppleID account. For now, I’ll refrain from explaining the mechanism by which data is unintentionally merged between AppleID’s.

If unintentional data-merge is the cause, then you’ll need to delete each credential manually from your child’s account.

Should you ever change the primary user of an iPad, if you wish to avoid accidental sharing of data between devices and AplleID accounts, you must follow this process:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201351

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 2:49 AM in response to Gail-Ann

Your description might suggest that you are sharing (or have previously shared) your AppleID between devices. Sharing an AppleID seriously risks information leakage between users and devices. Each user must have their own unique AppleID; remember the iOS/iPadOS system architecture assumes that an iPad or iPhone is a single-user device.

If you have previously shared an AppleID between devices - even if you don’t now do so - it is possible that your Keychain Data (i.e., your Passwords) have been merged with your child’s AppleID account. For now, I’ll refrain from explaining the mechanism by which data is unintentionally merged between AppleID’s.

If unintentional data-merge is the cause, then you’ll need to delete each credential manually from your child’s account.

Should you ever change the primary user of an iPad, if you wish to avoid accidental sharing of data between devices and AplleID accounts, you must follow this process:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201351

My passwords are showing up on my child Ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.