Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the recommended way for child to share iPad

I bought an iPad for my 9 year old daughter 2 years ago. I still couldn't figure out the best way to share it. I logged in the iPad and created her account. Should I log out and let her log in?

Because it's logged in with my id, I kept receiving emails about apple id password got reset. I only got to know today that she tried to download apps and since my account was logged in on the iPad, and she doesn't know the password, she always clicks forgot password. My wife doesn't want to allow her to download anything so I am still not sure if family sharing can help with this. I also don't want to put my credit card info at all. I never buy anything on iPad or iPhone.

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:34 PM

The iPad should be logged into your child’s Apple ID AND you should be using parental controls thru your Apple ID.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

What is the recommended way for child to share iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.