Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mail offline-version 11.5

What to check when your mac mail outgoing server is offline. I can receive incoming emails but not outgoing. By the way, I can go into my web mail accounts on their website and get and receive emails just not on mac mail. Any suggestions. I have called Apple and both of my email account support and could not be helped. Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2020 6:37 AM

14 replies

May 29, 2020 9:43 AM in response to annfromnew bern

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, enter the part after the @ sign in the search bar, hit enter

You may have multiple entries. You can edit them or delete them & start over.

Mail will most often use the oldest passwords.

The Password rejection can confuse people since it's a catch all meaning...

This Password, Username, Authentication method... is not recognized on this Port to this Server, more than one entry in Keychain for each in/out entry, or a server end problem.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but one of the other ones.

The receiving email ports are:

IMAP is port 143

IMAP-SSL is port 993

POP is port 110

POP-SSL is port 995

Outgoing ports are...

SMTP and SMTP-SSL is on ports 25, 587 and 465. Port 587 has to be SSL, and port 465 is enforced TLS-wrapped and is generally used by Outlook users.

May 30, 2020 12:53 PM in response to annfromnew bern

Well, this sounds like the typical "not our fault, contact the other one" situation. In my limited experience, outgoing server problems are mostly the ISP's problem. have you made sure that all of the server settings are exactly according to their instructions? And that their server recognizes your machine? Do they support IMAP or POP (the outgoing server settings will be different) and which one is yours configured for?

mac mail offline-version 11.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.