Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop missing from finder

After updating to Catalina 10.15.4, my desktop is no longer available. Can't add things to it, and it doesn't appear in finder. Any ideas for restoring it? As far as I can tell, nothing else has been affected.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:44 AM

Nevermind, I figured it out. If this helps anyone in the future with the same issue, here's what I did:

Go to users/[your user name]/ then create a folder literally just called "Desktop". That was all it needed to recognize it as the proper directory. I was also able to add it back to the sidebar normally after that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 8:44 AM in response to chupac

Nevermind, I figured it out. If this helps anyone in the future with the same issue, here's what I did:

Go to users/[your user name]/ then create a folder literally just called "Desktop". That was all it needed to recognize it as the proper directory. I was also able to add it back to the sidebar normally after that.

Desktop missing from finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.