Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading to Catalina

I finally decided to upgrade to Catalina. Now I can't see my desktop. The screen is grey with a picture that says setting up your desktop. As far as I can see, there isn't anything to click or do to change it. It just sits there. What am I missing?

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 6:12 AM

pjsfromGA wrote:

I finally decided to upgrade to Catalina. Now I can't see my desktop. The screen is grey with a picture that says setting up your desktop. As far as I can see, there isn't anything to click or do to change it. It just sits there. What am I missing?

If you are stuck, you can force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 secs.

Reboot and see where this leaves you.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 6:12 AM in response to pjsfromGA

pjsfromGA wrote:

If you are stuck, you can force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 secs.

Reboot and see where this leaves you.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

upgrading to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.