Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Connection Error Safari

Lately I have noticed this error on Safari where iCloud.com will begin to load with the cogwheel that spins and spins. Before the login creds could be entered a Connection Error that says: "iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server."

Tried it on Firefox and it works fine.

Then I tried to login here at Discussions and (on Safari) as soon as I click "sign in" page fails to open and the error says: "Safari cannot establish a secure connection to the server "idmsa.apple.com".

Works fine on Firefox.

MacBook Pro Retina Display 13" Early 2015

MacOS High Sierra

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 25, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Patrick Abuzeni

This is old article for Mac OS Yosemite https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204937

To resolve the issue, the website administrator should configure their server to be secure.

Contact your internet service provider , they have to give securities , in our Mac everything is perfect .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203512

One more possible reason is safari is corrupted , try to clear all history and website data .

May 21, 2020 12:06 PM in response to Patrick Abuzeni

I have a bit more information. With Inspect Element I found 2 errors on the page:

first error: [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 421 (Misdirected Request) (validate, line 0)

second error: [Error] Failed to load resource: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. (signin, line 0)

Aug 6, 2020 12:32 PM in response to tygb

The security configuration issue would then be Apple and I doubt that they have a security problem and I am the only one that is experiencing the issue. A corrupt Safari issue is the most plausible. I am hoping someone familiar with the inards of Safari that might know how to search and destroy the source of corruption.

I have cleared all history and website data, but that didn't seem to fix it.

Aug 6, 2020 5:52 PM in response to Patrick Abuzeni

Click on finder and take cursor on top menu bar > Go > keep on holding option key and click on library .

From the caches , cookies , saved application state select all contents and move to trash .

Also drag and drop complete safari folder to the desktop , restart the Mac and empty the trash .

Again open the safari .

iCloud Connection Error Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.