Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Sync after 13.4.1 update

Hi, After my 6s updated to 13.4.1 a couple of weeks ago I, or rather it, cannot connect to my car's bluetooth. It worked perfectly fine prior to the update, but now the phone simply cannot find (Ford) Sync. It is so frustrating that an update to 'make things better' actually messed up big time.

I now have to stop the car to take/make a call and no longer have the emergency function available to me.

I have since updated to 13.5 but no joy there either.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks,

Steve.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 10:43 AM

Hi Stevekin,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help pairing your iPhone 6s to your Ford. Let's take a look at a few things.

Did you try forgetting the iPhone and re-pairing with your car's system?

Check out: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car and scroll to the section "Connect using Bluetooth". You may need to contact Ford and see if there are any firmware updates for the system.

Have a fantastic weekend!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 10:43 AM in response to Stevekin

Hi Stevekin,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help pairing your iPhone 6s to your Ford. Let's take a look at a few things.

Did you try forgetting the iPhone and re-pairing with your car's system?

Check out: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car and scroll to the section "Connect using Bluetooth". You may need to contact Ford and see if there are any firmware updates for the system.

Have a fantastic weekend!

May 22, 2020 11:26 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi Chris, thanks for replying.

Yes, I've 'forgotten' the iPhone and unpaired from the car's system.

I've reset the Sync settings in the car.

I've reset network settings in the iPhone.

Switched off Bluetooth, then back on again. Switched airplane mode on/off.

Hard reboot of phone.

Nothing.

What happens is, I press the phone button on the console and it tells me there isn't a phone currently paired and do I want to. I press the relevant button and the display comes up with a code number to input into the iPhone. But on looking at the Bluetooth menu the phone simply doesn't find 'Sync'.

The phone does pair with other devices. Just not my car.

It would seem like it's an issue with the car's info system as my wife's iPhone will also not find Sync (also updated to 13.4.1).

My concern is that the system may be too outdated and IOS has left it behind. Which begs the question: Why did Apple change this when it worked perfectly ok before??

Very often updates rectify issues that, apparently, have no benefit to the use of my phone. But in some cases it actually removes a very important function.

Whether or not I can update the Ford Sync system I do not know. But I really shouldn't need to :-(

I don't expect you to be privy to what may/may not bi included in forthcoming updates to IOS, but wondered if you know whether or not functionality that has been removed in earlier 'fixes', has subsequently been reinstated??

May 22, 2020 12:45 PM in response to franzkaiser

Hi franzkaiser, thanks for the link. However, I'm in the UK and have just come back to confirm that I have indeed been able to update my Ford Sync and my phone is paired once again with my car :-)

I didn't even consider the possibility of an update. I guess because I get my car serviced at a non Ford dealer and things like this are not flagged.

But very happy now.

Thanks to Chris for mentioning updates too :-)

In case any UK drivers have the same issue, enter your VIN on this page:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Thanks again guys!!

Problem with Sync after 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.