Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 red discoloration

I’ve had my phone for 4 months. In a case the entire time. I live in Washington state not a super hot sunny area. And the edges are turning light orange all over like the paint is fading? I had all previous models for years I had my 6s plus and it never once happened, but in 4 months this happens? Not to mention my phone is in perfect condition besides their faulty paint job on the aluminum border,

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 1:21 AM

This is utter insanity, i bought my iPhone on the 3rd of July and the colour has already started to change... I didn’t pay a grand for this nonsense to happen and the fact that Apple refuses to do anything is ridiculous. When I buy a new car the paint doesn’t change colour in a month and if it did they would fix it. What the **** apple, get your **** together!

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 1:21 AM in response to abviegas_

This is utter insanity, i bought my iPhone on the 3rd of July and the colour has already started to change... I didn’t pay a grand for this nonsense to happen and the fact that Apple refuses to do anything is ridiculous. When I buy a new car the paint doesn’t change colour in a month and if it did they would fix it. What the **** apple, get your **** together!

May 28, 2020 5:11 PM in response to barricktaylor

So, I bought my phone from Sprint and they said they would diagnose the problem at my cost. I just called Apple customer service and they told me that it's cosmetic and not a manufacturing fault. To me, if I pay over $700 for an item, I'd expect it not to discolor in 3 months time. I took good care of my phone and really expected more from Apple. Basically, it sounds like I chose a wrong color. The paint should really not wear off like that so quickly. My husband changed to Samsung already and I'm think I should too for my next phone. What a disappointment.

Sep 26, 2020 8:51 PM in response to barricktaylor

I have same problem. Got my phone 4 months ago and the red on the edges is turning yellow. Phone does not look nice anymore with the discoloration. I was told the same by Apple support that its cosmetic and if i wanted another phone i would have to buy a new one. Im very disappointed and upset since the phone was expensive and i hAve also had it in a case the whole time. If i would have known this would happen to the red phone i would have never gotten it red i would have stuck with a black or white phone. Im disappointed with Apple for not assisting with this issue. I would understand if i had my phone for mire than a year but its only been a few months. I have been a loyal customer for many years as i had bought many iPhones through the years for my self and my family. They will soon be loosing a few customers. They should stop selling phones with faulty paint that doesn’t last. Its cheap for the worth of the phone. Sorry had to vent. Just very upset. Thus is frustrating.

iPhone 11 red discoloration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.