Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps freezing (iPhone XR)

So a few months ago it started For the first time it had froze (at the time it was updated to the most recent update) the screen was unresponsive to touch no matter what I tried and the buttons weren’t working as well I had the phone for a few months brand new and I always keep my electronics clean especially since the xr has a lot of glass the button had no sign of dirt as well and I still had a lot of storage as well lucky for me it was at 20 percent I think so I had to wait until my phone had died since the buttons wouldn’t work to turn my phone off after it finally turned on after charging it I had went about my day hoping It was a one time thing up until today, earlier I was on a call my phone at 100% as it was taken off the charger a few minutes before and I was on the phone long behold it froze again doing the same thing after finally fixing it I was concerned it was happening again after I’d hoped resetting it would work the last time but as the day went by it happened a third time twice today alone after it was froze the first time around I reset it after turning it back on and I still have a bunch of storage so I’m writing this to figure out what’s going on with it so I don’t have to send it in to apple especially because it doesn’t have insurance

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:23 PM

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...

Screen Unresponsive --> If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

Buttons not working --> If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

iPhone keeps freezing (iPhone XR)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.