Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeating reminders still not working in Reminder app

Apple...any chance this will ever be fixed?

MacBook

Posted on May 22, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 9:04 AM

Hey jeesau111,

It looks like you're having an issue with you reminders not repeating.

Have you marked the previous occurrence of the reminder as complete?

If you mark the previous occurrence of the repeated reminder as complete then you should be able to see a reminder for the next occurrence.

See this Article for steps on how to mark a reminder as complete:

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Pay close attention to this section:

"Complete a reminder

To mark a reminder as completed, tap the empty circle next to it. To see your completed reminders, tap the more button, then tap Show Completed.

To delete a reminder without marking it as completed, swipe left on it, then tap Delete.

If you get a reminder notification on your Lock screen, swipe left over the reminder. Tap View, then tap Mark as Completed."

Hope this helps, cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 9:04 AM in response to jeesau111

Hey jeesau111,

It looks like you're having an issue with you reminders not repeating.

Have you marked the previous occurrence of the reminder as complete?

If you mark the previous occurrence of the repeated reminder as complete then you should be able to see a reminder for the next occurrence.

See this Article for steps on how to mark a reminder as complete:

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Pay close attention to this section:

"Complete a reminder

To mark a reminder as completed, tap the empty circle next to it. To see your completed reminders, tap the more button, then tap Show Completed.

To delete a reminder without marking it as completed, swipe left on it, then tap Delete.

If you get a reminder notification on your Lock screen, swipe left over the reminder. Tap View, then tap Mark as Completed."

Hope this helps, cheers.

May 23, 2020 12:12 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi MoonJ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do mark my reminders as complete. After I looked into it more, I realized that my personal repeating reminders, which were attached to my iCloud account were working properly. My work reminders, which were not repeating properly, are associated with my work email, which is on Exchange (yuck). Perhaps that's that issue.

To test my theory, re-created my work reminders in a new list under iCloud and will see how it goes. I'll mark this one as solved for now. Thanks again!

Jeanette

Repeating reminders still not working in Reminder app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.