Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro ear tip fit test

When I first purchased my Pairs of AirPods Pro, the test requested me to change the tip and I used the Large one then everything went fine until iOS 13.5 came and I updated from then each time the right pair keeps on failing the test and I am sure that it is working perfectly

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 22, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:57 PM

A friend of mine had a similar issue, I would unpair your AirPods from your device, you do this by going into bluetooth and selecting the AirPods, and tapping on forget device.

Then set them up as new again. Also make sure the AirPods Pro's are running the latest software which is 2D15

Also its worth just giving the AirPods a wipe over, as a little bit of dirt, fluff can effect the test.

Be carful when clean the ear tips as there is a fine mesh within the AirPods ear tip, be carful not to damage them.

Hope this helps

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 12:57 PM in response to George_n

A friend of mine had a similar issue, I would unpair your AirPods from your device, you do this by going into bluetooth and selecting the AirPods, and tapping on forget device.

Then set them up as new again. Also make sure the AirPods Pro's are running the latest software which is 2D15

Also its worth just giving the AirPods a wipe over, as a little bit of dirt, fluff can effect the test.

Be carful when clean the ear tips as there is a fine mesh within the AirPods ear tip, be carful not to damage them.

Hope this helps

May 22, 2020 10:45 PM in response to George_n

Have you tried the medium?

The test doesn't day you need a bigger one, it says you need to try a different size. So maybe trying a medium is a better fit for your ear.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ear fit test as long as they are comfortable and the sound is good then use them ear tips.

Has this resolved your issues?

Thanks

AirPods Pro ear tip fit test

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.