Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro, ear tip fit test

So this is my third set of airpods Pro.. when I first get them the ear tip test passes easily with both medium and large tips.. after just a few weeks I try the test again and it fails both ears no matter what tips I use.. even tried three memory foam ones and still fails..

Has anyone had the same issue and figured out how to sort it.. thanks in advance..

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 6:37 AM

I have the same issue. Apple replaced my AirPods Pro and even with the new ones this happened a few days after I got them. I think it has to do with the firmware update that is done when your AirPods are charging and is close to your iPhone. I don't have a noticeable loss in sound quality. I know it is a bit irritating especially considering the cost. Hope there will be solution for this soon!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 6:37 AM in response to Sykes102

I have the same issue. Apple replaced my AirPods Pro and even with the new ones this happened a few days after I got them. I think it has to do with the firmware update that is done when your AirPods are charging and is close to your iPhone. I don't have a noticeable loss in sound quality. I know it is a bit irritating especially considering the cost. Hope there will be solution for this soon!

Mar 28, 2020 10:42 AM in response to BertieO

I'm not sure it's a firmware thing because my first pair where on a different firmware than my second.. I know because each airpods was on different firmware and it took me ages to get them to finally update so they were both the same firmware, couldn't even get them to pair before they finally updated they just flashes orange constantly..

Apr 26, 2020 4:20 PM in response to Sykes102

I had the same issue as well. Contacted Apple and they told me to switch the first pair out. Received the exchange and both sides fail now. Prior to the exchange it was just the right one. Decided to try the memory foam ones and it takes a lot of tinkering to get it to pass on both sides. Then if I walk with them on, about 50 yards later they both fail. If I jam them into my ears, then they will pass for the next 10-15 minutes and then fail again.

I purchased some Comply Tips for my AirPods Generation 2 and now I am thinking I might return the Pro models and keep my Gen 2 even though I really wanted the ANC. IMO, if I can't get the ANC to work with the right seal, then aren't the Pro models the same as my Gen 2 model with Comply tips.

Apr 27, 2020 12:33 AM in response to tech_fan714

Yeah I guess they are mate.. on mine the ANC seems to still work ok even though they don't pass there fitment test.. I can tell the difference when switching between noise cancelling, off and transparency mode.. it's just weather or not the test has a big difference or not I suppose.. not sure I fancy hours back and forth to Apple about the problem yet again lol..

I'm using memory foam tips also..

Airpods Pro, ear tip fit test

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.