Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation Network Problem.

Apple TV 3rd Generation suddenly lost it's Ethernet connection. I rest device and now cannot complete setup as it will not recognize WiFi or Ethernet network. The network cable and WiFi is functioning as I have other devices attached and also replaced the dysfunctional device with another Apple TV 3rd Generation that I have and the network worked just fine.

Is this a bug within the network hardware on the device?

Should I just scrap the device and replace?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on May 22, 2020 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 1:55 PM

It is possible it has failed, however make sure you try another Ethernet cable and if necessary please factory reset the device per the directions in Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings

Similar questions

2 replies

May 22, 2020 2:00 PM in response to JedTex

JedTex Said:

Apple TV 3rd generation Network Problem.: [...]Should I just scrap the device and replace? Any help greatly appreciated.

———-

Five Thoughts:

Perform in the order provided:

• On your Apple TV: Unplug your Apple TV for 30 Seconds, then, power it back up.

If that does not work...

• On your Apple TV: Power off your WiFi Modem/Router for 30 Seconds, then power it back up.

If that does not work...

• On your Apple TV: Sign out of the network, then sign back in.

If that does not work...

• On your Computer: Log in to your router, using either Default Gateway: (192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) for the URL in the Address Bar of your Web browser. See if the Apple TV is seen.

If that does not work...

• It is a Malfunctioning Device, and it is time for a new Apple TV. This is a good chance and a good reason to upgrade to an Apple TV 4 series.

Apple TV 3rd generation Network Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.