Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv won't connect to wifi without ethernet

I purchased a second-hand restored Apple TV (Gen 3) from a reputable seller and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. I made sure it isn't my WiFi that's the issue and I've tried every solution I could find online (resetting, changing time zone, etc). Finally I discovered the only solution was to connect my Apple TV to my router using an ethernet cable, but this is only a temporary solution since the router is in the kitchen and I need the TV in a different room. When I unplug the cable the internet goes away again. It's very frustrating. Any solutions?

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 12:42 AM

What happens, if you change the network settings, as explained here?

Change network settings on Apple TV

If you initially set up Apple TV using a wired network, you can change to a wireless network without having to set up Apple TV again.

1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from Apple TV. 
  2. Open Settings  on Apple TV.
  3. Select Network and join a Wi-Fi network.

copied from: Change network settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 12:42 AM in response to peggyschuyler

What happens, if you change the network settings, as explained here?

Change network settings on Apple TV

If you initially set up Apple TV using a wired network, you can change to a wireless network without having to set up Apple TV again.

1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from Apple TV. 
  2. Open Settings  on Apple TV.
  3. Select Network and join a Wi-Fi network.

copied from: Change network settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

apple tv won't connect to wifi without ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.