Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2017 Battery Malifunction

For a few months now, my MacBook Air 2017 battery had weird battery issues. It would die in 5 to 10 minutes. I am not sure why this was happening, and when I searched problem up, nothing similar to my problem showed up. My MacBook Air is 25 months old and has had 530 cycles. The percentage thing has been also acting weird. When the MacBook Air gets to 90%, it dies.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 5:07 AM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 5:07 AM in response to safwan211

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

MacBook Air 2017 Battery Malifunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.