Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 camera flickering

Hi,

Lately when I try to take a picture of something about 5cm (2 inches) to 15cm (6 inches) away with my iPhone 11 pro the screen starts flickering. The picture gets blurry, especially around the edges. I hear a soft clicking noise and feel a slight vibration. I am no expert but it seems to have trouble deciding what to focus on. Clicking the screen at the point I would like it to focus on does not do anything. I made a screen recording of what happens if I hold something in front of my camera and move it closer and further away but unfortunately I can’t upload it here, so the best I can do is a picture of some pasta while the flickering was going on. The flickering only happens with the preinstalled Camera app, not when I use the in-app camera functions of for example Whatsapp or Snapchat. It also only happens with the rear camera, the front camera is fine. It is not zoomed in or out, it is at “1x” zoom. The problem started about one or two weeks ago.

Here is some info that might help to find the cause of this issue or at least exclude other explanations. I have an iPhone 11 pro black 256GB which I bought at the end of september 2019 or beginning of october 2019. I use an Apple silicon case on it. There is no damage on the phone, I never dropped it, there are no scratches on the lenses, there is no dust or debris in them, the phone never got wet. I only use original Apple chargers. I tried restarting the phone, closing all apps, cleaning the lenses and the latest software update is installed. I live in the Netherlands.

Is there a known way of solving this issue?

Thanks in advance,

ARFVDL

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 2:28 PM

Hello ARFVDL,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that the rear camera on your iPhone 11 starts flickering when trying to focus on an object. If you have completed all the steps from this article, you may need to Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 2:28 PM in response to ARFVDL

Hello ARFVDL,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that the rear camera on your iPhone 11 starts flickering when trying to focus on an object. If you have completed all the steps from this article, you may need to Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

iPhone 11 camera flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.