Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes deleted all my own music and videos from my iphone

Why did itunes delete all my own music and videos from my iphone 8, when using add to device and synch set to manual ?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 22, 2020 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:33 PM

Sorry for delay in replying, more lockdown issues, and some other reasons that I might expand about later if need too.

Anyways I think you may be replying to the wrong message as in mine I stated itunes deleted "all my own music and videos from my iphone 8, when using add to device and synch set to manual" as in boom, gone, bye bye, adious amigos, so not point really in "checking if the music was inadvertently removed" it was itunely deleted. And yes itunes is set to manually sync and heres another one for you .. next day then, i found that this amazing software done the same to my old iPhone in another room that I was just using as a music player .. I figured that out too, iTunes had flipn wirelessly connected, I didnt know that was possible with iTunes, to that phone and wiped at same time as new phone, great stuff there, really made me remember why i gave up using iTunes back in the day let alone try and understand it and I've worked in IT on major IT projects across the world for over 20 yrs now ... I never really used iTunes before for these type of reasons

So as it was lockdown and some time on hand I spent some lovely quality time with iTunes and my devices testing different sceanrios etc and I now know exactly in each 'setting' when iTunes deletes stuff. So iTunes makes its virtuall impossible foor me to manage my own media in the way I want to use across devices. I just dont get 'Apple Logic' , I know that most do so that just the way it is. So i bough some sofware and was able to sort all out devices again with a few clicks and my media backups from my backup drives. Thank you for trying to help anyways.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 12:33 PM in response to sterling r

Sorry for delay in replying, more lockdown issues, and some other reasons that I might expand about later if need too.

Anyways I think you may be replying to the wrong message as in mine I stated itunes deleted "all my own music and videos from my iphone 8, when using add to device and synch set to manual" as in boom, gone, bye bye, adious amigos, so not point really in "checking if the music was inadvertently removed" it was itunely deleted. And yes itunes is set to manually sync and heres another one for you .. next day then, i found that this amazing software done the same to my old iPhone in another room that I was just using as a music player .. I figured that out too, iTunes had flipn wirelessly connected, I didnt know that was possible with iTunes, to that phone and wiped at same time as new phone, great stuff there, really made me remember why i gave up using iTunes back in the day let alone try and understand it and I've worked in IT on major IT projects across the world for over 20 yrs now ... I never really used iTunes before for these type of reasons

So as it was lockdown and some time on hand I spent some lovely quality time with iTunes and my devices testing different sceanrios etc and I now know exactly in each 'setting' when iTunes deletes stuff. So iTunes makes its virtuall impossible foor me to manage my own media in the way I want to use across devices. I just dont get 'Apple Logic' , I know that most do so that just the way it is. So i bough some sofware and was able to sort all out devices again with a few clicks and my media backups from my backup drives. Thank you for trying to help anyways.

May 23, 2020 6:27 PM in response to FFS_DELL_FFS_DELL

Hello FFS_DELL_FFS_DELL,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with syncing music.

First, please ensure you are syncing music correctly as per this help article: Sync iTunes content on PC with your devices - Apple Support

It sounds like you are manually syncing music from your computer, and if you still can't find your music, I recommend checking if the music was inadvertently removed. When you sync music, it's not adding to your current library on the iOS device. If you do not have the previous music checked, it will be removed and only the newly checked songs or music will be added. To get everything added, you have to ensure all songs you want on your device are checked. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

itunes deleted all my own music and videos from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.