Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This app is no longer shared with you ...

After updating my iPad to 13.5 nearly every app I try opening produces a message “This app is no longer shared with you...” and then suggests I pay for it in the App Store. This includes Twitter and Facebook and many other (12 or more) free apps. A Google search says it’s a bug, but in the meantime I’ve had to reinstall several apps that I use regularly. The others I’ll just wait for advice or a fix as I don’t use the often. Is there an easier fix rather than reinstalling them all?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 23, 2020 3:55 AM

5 replies

May 23, 2020 4:23 AM in response to MiskyBr

If anything this is a bug with family sharing not iOS 13.5. (happens on many versions of iOS per your link)

Apple probably added some changes to how the shared purchases work after someone stops sharing them.

Why you get the message is either a bug, or when you downloaded those apps you got them via the cloud symbol meaning someone else had already "purchased" them, And the original "purchaser" of those apps no longer share purchases with you, I would argue that if that happens for free apps it is still a bug tho.

This app is no longer shared with you ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.