Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app on iPhone says "sender address invalid"

Hi,

I can receive email, but I cannot send email. I keep getting the error message "sender address is invalid". My primary server is smtp.verizon.net and I also have a gmail account. I have tried to send email from ***@verizon.net and ***@gmail.com but neither work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:33 PM

Hello Necha3mala and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having some issues sending email on an iPhone. Start here:

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies

May 24, 2020 5:04 PM in response to Necha3mala

I’m unclear about the extent here.

Are these issues arising with messages for one recipient, or all recipients?

If all users, your SMTP server (sending) settings are incorrect for your mail provider.

Settings . Passwords & Accounts > select the Verizon mail account > select the account again > scroll down and select the outgoing (SMTP) mail server > select the primary outgoing mail server for the account as the Verizon mail server, and then check the settings for the outgoing mail server. The settings there must match your mail provider settings, and enter your credentials for the Verizon mail server there. It’ll look more or less like this:

Here are some settings published by Verizon Wireless:

Your host name is correct, though you’ll need to use port 465 and SSL/TLS secure connection, and your Verizon.net login.

Based on a quick look at the Verizon setup notes, it seems some folks using the old server were expected to migrate to,either AOL or Yahoo mail.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/email

Mail app on iPhone says "sender address invalid"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.