Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 10.5 updated - apple drums not lining up to click track

This is a strange one. My apple drummer doesn't seem to be lining up to the metronome on any of my songs. Everything is on the grid but still the drummer is lagging behind the click. Has anyone else run across this issues. I wonder if I changed a setting somewhere along the way? Would appreciate your input!

Thanks

Computer Specs:

Model Name: iMac           Model Identifier: iMac16,2      Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz       Number of Processors: 1       Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB                            L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM162.0206.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.32f20

Serial Number (system): D2***G7F

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2020 9:46 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 23, 2020 6:10 PM in response to glrmac

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I'm having but I could not get Drum Machine Designer to work in time with the click track. My solution seemed very counter intuitive but now I get this to work.

My problem was, I could perform Drum machine Designer in time to the click track using my keyboard OR drum triggers, but I could see that the midi notes were not writing on the grid, they were late. When I played back it was about an 1/8th note late.

I went into Logic Preferences > Audio > General. Turned Plug-In latency compensation OFF and UNCHECKED Low Latency Mode. Now I can perform in time and play back in time. This was only with Drum Machine Designer, Ultra beat worked all other keyboard instruments worked, but this was the only thing I could find to get Drum Machine Designer to work.

Logic 10.5 updated - apple drums not lining up to click track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.