Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV sound issues

The sound was knocked out on my television when I installed the Apple TV on the cable HDMI. Has anyone else experience this?

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:14 AM

I'm not sure what you mean, connecting an Apple TV to the HDMI port only sends the signal, the Apple TV could not cause the sound to go out on your TV. If you are saying you cannot get sound out of your TV when streaming content from. your Apple TV the please do the following:

• First ensure you are using a very high quality HDMI cable & it is connected properly to both the Apple TV & the the TV
  • Please ensure you have a very strong Wi-Fi signal to your Apple TV
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 10:14 AM in response to anni c

I'm not sure what you mean, connecting an Apple TV to the HDMI port only sends the signal, the Apple TV could not cause the sound to go out on your TV. If you are saying you cannot get sound out of your TV when streaming content from. your Apple TV the please do the following:

• First ensure you are using a very high quality HDMI cable & it is connected properly to both the Apple TV & the the TV
  • Please ensure you have a very strong Wi-Fi signal to your Apple TV

Apple TV sound issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.