Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update my payment method and Message appears stating Unable to Remove there is an active subscription on this account that requires at least a payment on file

I am trying to update my payment method with a new credit card but a note pops up stating Unable to remove current method There is an active subscription on this account that requires at least one payment on file

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 23, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 9:50 AM

I received my updated credit card from my bank. The 16-digit number is the same but the expiration date and security code is different. When I try to add it I am told it has already been entered. How do I just update the expiration date and security code on a payment method?

8 replies

May 29, 2020 1:05 AM in response to Dulcie_Napper1917

See my previous reply to the OP (original poster).

Try to update your payment method, following these instructions:--> Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support using this link (choosing your country, then Apple ID, then iTunes & App Store. If your problem is not among the options shown there, tap/click on the option “the topic is not listed” and describe your issue):--> iTunes Store & App Store – Get support for various issues

Regards

Giulio

Jul 3, 2020 1:01 AM in response to CarmenF09

As I already posted to another user, if you get no help, you can contact Apple Support using this link (choosing your country, then Apple ID, then iTunes & App Store. If your problem is not among the options shown there, tap/click on the option “the topic is not listed” and describe your issue):--> iTunes Store & App Store – Get support for various issues

Regards

Giulio

I am trying to update my payment method and Message appears stating Unable to Remove there is an active subscription on this account that requires at least a payment on file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.