Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did not know that when I unsubscribed from Apple Music that it would wipe out my entire library on my PC and iPad 6th gen. My iPhone still has the entire library. Does anyone know of a reliable way to copy the iPhone library to the PC?hone 76

I did not know that when I unsubscribed from Apple Music that it would wipe out my entire iTunes library on my PC and iPad 6th gen, apparently out of spite. My iPhone still has the entire library. Does anyone know of a reliable way to copy the iPhone library to the PC? I can synch to the iPad from there, but I have so far found no way to recover to the PC (Windows 10 - which coincidentally seems to have done exactly the same thing during a recent update, according to some internet buzz - complicates the matter).

Posted on May 23, 2020 3:26 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2020 6:31 AM in response to iTunes_in_disarray

iTunes_in_disarray wrote:

... apparently out of spite.

Well, no. More likely to be a legal point; you're no longer paying so you no longer have the service.

Whether you realised it or not (and I'm sure you're not the only one), Apple Music gives you access to all that music while you pay for the service. When you stop paying, you stop getting the service. If you want to keep the music, buy it.

As far as I'm aware, the link that tt2 has given you will help recover music that you've paid for, that's on your phone, but it will not "recover" Apple Music content.

I did not know that when I unsubscribed from Apple Music that it would wipe out my entire library on my PC and iPad 6th gen. My iPhone still has the entire library. Does anyone know of a reliable way to copy the iPhone library to the PC?hone 76

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.