Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sign in to my cable provider on Apple TV+ on Mac OS?

I'm trying to sign in to my cable provider on Mac OS so I can watch movies on Apple TV+. I'm not seeing any way to do that. I currently have HBO and other premium channels that I pay for but can't access them on Apple TV on Mac.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:02 PM

Selecting a cable provider (Single Sign-on) is not supported on macOS. The purpose of that setting is to ease the many sign-in requests by various apps, and these apps do not exist on macOS.

Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use your pay TV or cable provider with your Apple TV box - Apple Support

TV providers that let you sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV box - Apple Support

The various networks may have web portals that you can make use of on macOS in a web browser.

The Apple TV app is not Apple TV+. Apple TV+ is a small part (one of the channels) of the Apple TV app, and completely unrelated to your TV provider.

The Apple TV app may provide access to select premium channels, but these require their own subscription, which is not exchangeable with any subscription started outside of the Apple TV app, despite the familiar channel names. Best to make a choice for one or the other: Always watch these premium channels in the Apple TV app, or always watch them outside the Apple TV app.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 10:02 PM in response to CKH90

Selecting a cable provider (Single Sign-on) is not supported on macOS. The purpose of that setting is to ease the many sign-in requests by various apps, and these apps do not exist on macOS.

Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use your pay TV or cable provider with your Apple TV box - Apple Support

TV providers that let you sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV box - Apple Support

The various networks may have web portals that you can make use of on macOS in a web browser.

The Apple TV app is not Apple TV+. Apple TV+ is a small part (one of the channels) of the Apple TV app, and completely unrelated to your TV provider.

The Apple TV app may provide access to select premium channels, but these require their own subscription, which is not exchangeable with any subscription started outside of the Apple TV app, despite the familiar channel names. Best to make a choice for one or the other: Always watch these premium channels in the Apple TV app, or always watch them outside the Apple TV app.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

How can I sign in to my cable provider on Apple TV+ on Mac OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.