Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get the keyboard to allow me to type. what is wrong?

I just got my new iPad Pro and magic keyboard but although the tracking mouse is working, the keyboard is not

what should I do?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:53 PM

Please confirm the version of iPadOS that’s in use here. Settings > General >About, and > Software Update. Your iPad might be brand new, but it’s probably not running 13.5 if it hasn’t been updated locally very recently, as iPadOS 13.5 has been available for ~3 days.

I’m persisting here with the iPadOS version check and update, as there’ve been a number of folks that haven’t updated, and this is the symptom with the Magic Keyboard dock.

If this iPad is running or has been updated to iPadOS 13.5, then reboot the iPad, and try again.

Failing that, then contact the folks at Apple Support, using the link in the upper right of this webpage.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 6:53 PM in response to MyBeLLaMia

Please confirm the version of iPadOS that’s in use here. Settings > General >About, and > Software Update. Your iPad might be brand new, but it’s probably not running 13.5 if it hasn’t been updated locally very recently, as iPadOS 13.5 has been available for ~3 days.

I’m persisting here with the iPadOS version check and update, as there’ve been a number of folks that haven’t updated, and this is the symptom with the Magic Keyboard dock.

If this iPad is running or has been updated to iPadOS 13.5, then reboot the iPad, and try again.

Failing that, then contact the folks at Apple Support, using the link in the upper right of this webpage.

I can't get the keyboard to allow me to type. what is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.