Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie audios on instagram

Can I use music/audio clips from iMovie videos on Facebook and Instagram? Because as they are there, free, for anyone... and there is no warning sign that we should only use them privately....si i believe Im free to do it. The point is that i uploaded it to an Instastory and it was deleted... due to permissions...

I received an email that says that if i have the permissions I can "apeal" and post my video ok..... but i am not sure, and dont h¡want to get in trouble for "apealing".

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:09 PM

It is a matter of debate as to whether the "royalty free" use of the iMovie audio content is copyright free or licensed for non-commercial use on an internet video site, or whether it is prohibited. The sites usually flag the the content as they did with you. You won't get into any trouble by appealing the site's decision. You would need to assert the iMovie license agreement and argue that you are licensed to use the content in your projects. All they can do is say no. If that's the case you would need to remove the music.

Open iMovie and click on iMovie/About iMovie/License Agreement to find out your rights. Pay particular attention to paragraphs 2F and 2G.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 10:09 PM in response to luleya

It is a matter of debate as to whether the "royalty free" use of the iMovie audio content is copyright free or licensed for non-commercial use on an internet video site, or whether it is prohibited. The sites usually flag the the content as they did with you. You won't get into any trouble by appealing the site's decision. You would need to assert the iMovie license agreement and argue that you are licensed to use the content in your projects. All they can do is say no. If that's the case you would need to remove the music.

Open iMovie and click on iMovie/About iMovie/License Agreement to find out your rights. Pay particular attention to paragraphs 2F and 2G.

-- Rich

Imovie audios on instagram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.